Articles and Books Quoting Dr. Thomas
Dr. Thomas has been quoted in numerous magazines, newspapers, and on the Internet including People, Redbook, Glamour, aol.news, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Daily News, elle.com, Baby Talk, msn.com, Us, The National Enquirer, match.com, etc. Check out Dr. Thomas in the July, 2011 Self magazine article regarding texting and how to not let that interfere in social interactions.
Dr. Thomas is quoted in the November 15, 2010 issue of OK magazine regarding the “Hiccup Girl’s” situation. She is also quoted in the August, 2010 and September, 2010 issues of Cosmo magazine regarding ways to improve love relationships and your self-esteem. In addition, she is quoted in the July, 2010 issue of Self magazine regarding healthy ways to work out sticky situations with friends, co-workers, and neighbors. Dr. Thomas is also featured in Cosmo’s March, 2010 article “Habits of Crazy-In-Love Couples” and January, 2010’s issue of Cosmo regarding how to say “no” and create boundaries and balance in your life. And read Dr. Thomas’s quotes in the recent article “To Catch A Cheat” on elle.com regarding texting, sexting, and the negative damage this may cause to couples.
Also, quoted in Ebony magazine, February, 2004, for the article “Sisters, Beware! The 5 Forbidden Fruits” (pages 132-136): This article describes the five types of men to not have romantic relationships with. Dr. Thomas is quoted regarding two of these types: Regarding “Mr. Loverman“: ‘But, before you even get in the relationship rat race, warns Los Angeles-area psychologist Yvonne Thomas, you should know this: Men who have a stable of women are not interested in settling down, and there’s nothing that you can say or do that will change that fact.’
“Some men compartmentalize their lives where they are able to [have relationships with] various women, but they cannot commit themselves to one woman because it’s too emotionally scary,” Dr. Thomas explains. “So some of these men are saying to women, ‘Look, I’ll give you 10 percent of my time, take it or leave it.’ And some lonely women are saying, ‘I’ll take it.’”
Regarding “Your Best Friend’s Man“: ‘Behavior specialists say that in many cases, the back-stabbing best friend is facing some self-esteem issues and may want to steal her friend’s man because she doesn’t feel that she deserves a man of her own. “A lot of these [forbidden relationships] have common roots, which is low self-esteem,” says Dr. Thomas of Los Angeles. “Some women get involved in these triangle situations because they don’t feel that they’re good enough to have their own man. They feel that they just don’t deserve a whole man to themselves.”‘
Also, be sure to look at Yvonne Thomas, Ph.D.’s contributions to the new book “Unblemished” (2004) by Katie Rodan, M.D. and Kathy Fields, M.D. Dr. Thomas has been extensively quoted as the stress-reduction and body-image expert for this book. “Unblemished” is posted above for your viewing.
And check out the the following current and upcoming magazines for more quotes and comments from Dr. Thomas:
- The October, 2004 issue of Cosmopolitan magazine (pages 138-141) for the article “5 Talk-To-Him Truths That Can Keep Your Bond Strong” regarding good communication skills for romantic relationships;
- The October 25, 2004 issue of First For Women magazine (page 98) for the article “Eliminate Back Talk Instantly” regarding parents and children;
- The November, 2004 issue of Fitness magazine (pages 138-141) for the article “Happiness Breakthrough: Who Do You Want To Be Today?” regarding ways to live a more balanced life;
- The November, 2004 issue of Glamour magazine (pages 144-149) for the article “Back From The Brink Of Breakup” regarding couples working together to resolve their relationship issues;
- The November 16, 2004 issue of Woman’s World magazine (pages 10-11) for the article “Love Your Body! Feel Sexier, Happier, More Confident – Without Losing An Ounce!” regarding body-image issues and confidence boosters;
- The November, 2004 issue of Tiger Beat magazine (pages 30-34) for the feature “The Secret Language of Boys!” regarding celebrity males’ body language and facial expressions;
- The December 27, 2004 issue of First For Women magazine (page 102) for the article “Outsmart Marital Spats” regarding different stressors and how couples can prevent them from interfering in their relationship;
- The January 11, 2005 issue of Woman’s World magazine (page 5) for the “Start Your Week In The Know” section regarding “Happiness Boosters That Work!”;
- The February, 2005 issue of ePregnancy magazine (pages 100-102) for the article “Bedroom Secrets: Sexy Tricks To Make This Valentine’s Day The Best Ever!” regarding couples, communication, and sex while pregnant; and
- The February 16, 2005 first issue of Happen magazine for match.com (found at www.match.com under the “More” selection and available to everyone for reading) for the on-line article “Stood-up: The Stats: How It Happens And Why” regarding the reasons behind why some people stand their dates up and how to take this.
- Also, in 2005, Dr. Thomas has been quoted in “Star” magazine, the “National Enquirer,” “The New York Daily Times,” “Cosmopolitan,” “Woman’s World,” and “The Los Angeles Times” for various topics ranging from relationships, loss, anger, motivation, motherhood, successful communication skills, etc.
Take that first step and call Dr. Thomas for a FREE phone consultation at (310) 359-9450
or CLICK HERE to send her an e-mail.